- Of those who report abuse, 88% tell a friend. You can be that friend.
- Don’t blame the victim. They didn’t ask for the abuse or do anything to deserve it.
- Try and facilitate the victim making the choice to be safe, but don’t force them; they already have someone who does that to them.
- Make sure the victim is safe and encourage them to seek help.
- Encourage the victim to create a safety plan.
- Don’t confront the abuser as this could put you and the victim in danger.
- If necessary, encourage the victim to seek medical attention.